Results Summer 2017
- 60% of the GCSE grades were grades 9-7, A* or A
- 92% of the grades were 9/A*- C/4 grades
- Five students out of 148 students in Year 11 at Hasmonean achieved grade 9s in English Language, English Literature and Maths (only 2,000 students in the country managed to achieve this)
- 85% achieved five or more grades at 9/A*- C/4 including English and Maths
- 57% were awarded the English Baccalaureate
- 41% of students gained 8 A grades/grade 7s or better
- For seven years now, more than half of the grades awarded at GCSE have been grades 9-7, A* or A and over 90% have been awarded grades 9/A*- C/4
Chloe Gold who attained 8 A*s and 3 Level 9s at GCSE said:
I felt ecstatic, relieved, full of joy and overcome with emotion – I hoped my friends felt the same when they opened their results.
Sharon Blass who attained 2 Level 9s, 8 A*s, 1 A and 1 Level 8 at GCSE said:
I am pleased with my results and would like to thank Hasmonean for the excellent teaching standards, the personal attention and the conducive environment that helped me learn and achieve my grades, whilst simultaneously instilling values in me.
- 43% of the A Level grades were A*/A
- 72% of grades were A*-B
- The A*-C grade percentage was 90%
We are delighted that our students have coped so well with the new specifications that presented an increased level of challenge. I am grateful to the teachers who prepared them so well, and to all of our staff who support our students in countless ways. We are very, very proud of our students’ academic achievements as well as their wonderful work for charities and tremendous commitment to religious learning and interfaith activities.
Heads of Schools, Mrs Rachel Fink and Mrs Debbie Lebrett said:
We are especially delighted by the progress students have made both academically and personally during their time at Hasmonean. We know that in future years society will benefit from their success. Our thanks go to each and every member of staff who made a difference to their lives.